When you jailbreak your Apple TV 3 device, you are giving yourself access to a large number of new and unique options which make the original version of the device look outdated.
You gain access to a large number of free apps which can be installed without any trouble. You might need to get a little geeky with a few of the apps but a majority of them are easy to install. You will also be able to view a large number of channels and content which isn’t available in the default Apple TV 3. There is even a feature which allows you to pull video and audio from different devices in your home network. And all of this is just the tip of the iceberg when you jailbreak your Apple TV 3.
Once you jailbreak your device, it is recommended that you don’t install any new updates from Apple anymore. If you do so, you will have to go through the whole process of jailbreaking your device again & no one knows how long it will take before a jailbreak is available for the new software. You’d be much better off not taking a chance. You won’t get a micro USB cable with your Apple TV although it is recommended that you keep one around if you’re going to go for an Apple TV 3 jailbreak. The main reason for this is because there are many tethered jailbreaks out there. For a tethered jailbreak to work, you will need a laptop and a micro USB cable so that you can tether boot it. Only then will it work. But there are many untethered jailbreaks out there as well. Either way, keep a micro USB cable just to be safe.
You can pick up an Apple TV 2 quite cheap nowadays and if you are going to jailbreak it you’ll be much better with an Apple TV 2 instead of an Apple TV 3 device. One last thing though, while jailbreaking itself is legal, there are a lot of people who use their jailbroken devices to install repositories of live content which isn’t exactly legal. There is a thin line between jailbreaking and piracy. Don’t ever cross that line.
Also, don’t worry about all the apps you had on your Apple TV before your jailbroke it. Everything will remain exactly the same. The only difference will be the Cydia app which lets you take full advantage of the hardware on the Apple TV. In fact, Apple has a whole document dedicated to the unauthorized modification of their software. If you have any doubts regarding jailbreaking your device, head to this page and have all your doubts put to rest. It’s best that you know exactly what you’re getting into before you actually jailbreak it. And once you know what you’re in for, go for it. After all, you can reset your device if you don’t like what the modification offers.
- Apple tv launch’s next week as per Amazon website (appletv3jailbreak67.wordpress.com)
- iOS 4.1 jailbreak imminent, but do you want it? (reviews.cnet.com)
- Amazon listing may be hinting at new Apple TV at 22nd Oct event (appletv3jailbreak67.wordpress.com)
- This Tuesday, Apple will make you want to buy an Apple TV for Christmas (appletv3jailbreak67.wordpress.com)
- Jailbreak of Apple’s iOS 5 beta gets Redsn0w update (reviews.cnet.com)
- Second Trick With regard to iOS 14 Jailbreaker (vcuvsa.org)
- Apple TV Software 6.0 update goes missing, possibly pulled due to bricking issues (imore.com)
- How Apple Is Dressing Up Apple TV for Christmas (cultofmac.com)
- Hack brings Russian subscription TV service UnliMovieTV to Apple TV without jailbreaking (sheirehurryup.wordpress.com)